The Simpson County Water District continues to promote education in the water supply field and as a part of its overall community involvement efforts by offering a scholarship each year.
The scholarship is renewable for four years, as long as requirements are maintained. The scholarship program is administered by the College Heights Foundation at Western Kentucky University.
Learn More About Scholarship Requirements
- Application must be postmarked no later than April 1.
- Applicant must:
- Be a resident of Simpson County.
- Be a dependent of a Simpson County Water District customer
- Be graduating from Simpson County High School High School.
- Be enrolling at Western Kentucky University or SKYCTC.
- Have a minimum high school GPA of a 3.0.
- Complete a current FAFSA report.
- Be seeking a degree in one of the following fields of study.
- Evironmental Science
- Architectural & Manufacturer Sciences (Drafting or AutoCAD)
- Public Health
- Maintain one of the required fields of study throughout their post-secondary academic career to remain
- Students who receive scholarships from other sources with total amounts equal to full tuition or above will not be eligible for the SCWD Scholarship.
- Relatives of the SCWD staff and board will not be eligible for this scholarship.